[Histonet] HT grossing specimens

Ingles Claire CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org
Fri Oct 17 12:46:47 CDT 2008

That would be a no. In fact we are loosing our grossing tech and our supervisor doesn't want to post the position as she thinks the rest of us have enough 'down time' to cover it. So there are three of us trying to switch our schedules around to do the gross too. I love the "...and other duties as needed." bit in our job descriptions.
Sorry I'm being a bear. We are actually loosing 2 people simultaneously. When there are only 8 of us (fully staffed) to begin with, and that includes the transcriptionists.  :p
Claire

I am looking for HT and or MLT/MT's grossing small specimens.  If so, are you getting a difference in your salary/hourly wage for this added responsibility.

Thanks,

Wendy Snyder, HT(ASCP), MT(AMT), MLT(ASCP)
Lead Histology Technician
United Hospital Center
(304) 624-2652
snyderw <@t> uhcwv.org