[Histonet] chemical powders

Christine Tambasco immrstambo <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:14:11 CDT 2008

Speaking of expiration dates. What does everyone do with their powdered reagents like hematoxylin, ferric choride etc. etc. that dont have an expiration date on the bottle. How do we determine the shelf life? What is the rule? I was always taught as long as it worked it was okay. Is that a safe assumption now days?? Any thoughts or suggestions out there? By the way Happy Friday. Halloween is around the corner!!!!

Christine Tambasco
St. Mary's Hospital
Amsterdam