[Histonet] Re: LacZ Staining of Tumors

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Thu Oct 16 13:02:53 CDT 2008

Melissa wrote:

>>I am looking for a protocol to fix and stain in paraffin embedded subcutaneously grown mouse tumors for LacZ.  Can anyone help?  M.<<

Far as I know, one cannot stain paraffin embedded material with x-gal. We will do either whole mount X-gal staining, post-fix, and then paraffin process and section, or we will fix, sucrose cryoprotect, freeze and then cryosection to do the X-gal staining. Send me an email if you want to have our protocols for doing either.

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Managing Director Histology Facility
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
1000 E. 50th St.