[Histonet] Expiration dates

Piero Nelva pieronelva01 <@t> bigpond.com
Wed Oct 15 02:27:09 CDT 2008

Hi Amy

I use VMS Benchmark XT and when the antibody has expired I "create" a new
lot number by putting (EXP1) at the end of it and adding one year to the
expiration date.  THen add the antibody dilution to the prepkit using the
"Refill" option rather than the "Partial" option.  As long as you're using
appropriate controls with your staining runs, there is no problem extending
the life of the antibody.

Regards

Piero Nelva
Anatomical pathology
Monash Medical Centre
Victoria
Australia

Hello all,

My supervisor wanted me to ask everyone who's posting about the
expiration dates of antibodies:  How can you use expired antibodies on a
stainer such as a Benchmark-which will not allow you to start the run
due to expiration dates on the containers?

Thanks!!

Amy Senn

Camp Hill, PA