[Histonet] Decolorize for IHC

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Tue Oct 14 08:15:31 CDT 2008

You don't need to decolorize.  Remove the coverslip, rehydrate to water (the eosin will come out in the alcohol), and then begin your IHC procedure.  Hopefully, the tissue is mounted on an adhesive or charged slide.  If not, you may have to cut back your antigen retrieval.  Also, you may want to take an unstained slide from your CK20 positive control tissue and stain it with H&E, and then run it in parallel.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-0174 Fax

>>> Paula Lucas <plucas <@t> biopath.org> 10/13/08 3:37 PM >>>
Hello,

I need to decolorize an H&E stained section for Cytokeratin 20 and I would like to know the proper way of decolorizing for IHC.  Is it even possible to get a CK 20 positive stain after doing so?

Thanks,
Paula Lucas HT
Lab Manager
Bio-Path Medical Group