[Histonet] Re: Modified Davidsons Vendor in Europe

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Tue Oct 14 02:18:01 CDT 2008

They are very competent - however, I am hoping to find a vendor in the
interest of time management, as they must currently prepare huge volumes
for literally hundreds of samples per week.   It's all about lean
laboratory practices - these are some of the finest histotechnologists in
the world - I'm just trying to ease their burden.
Jackie O'

"Robert Richmond" <RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
10/13/2008 01:16 PM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Re: Modified Davidsons Vendor in Europe

Jackie O'Connor wants to know if there is a vendor for modified
Davidson's fixative in Europe.

three parts tap water, three parts ethyl alcohol or reagent alcohol,
two parts 37% formaldehyde, one part glacial acetic acid

I would hope that the level of scientific education among European
histologists is such that they would still be allowed to make this
simple formulation themselves.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville, Tennessee