[Histonet] Microwave ovens for IHC

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Mon Oct 13 11:09:37 CDT 2008

Hi,

The microwave I use for HIER in IHC just died this morning, and so I'm scrambling to find a replacement.  I guess this is when I bite the bullet and purchase one for laboratory use.  I see that EBS has 3 models available (H1850, H2250, H2850) , in various price ranges.  Does anyone have experience with their products, and if so, which model works well for you in performing antigen retrieval, and is the instrument calibratable?  Please respond to me personally.  Thanks.

Jan Shivers
Senior Scientist
Histology/IHC/EM Section Head
University of Minnesota