[Histonet] histology ink washing off

Susan Bachus susanbachus <@t> verizon.net
Sun Oct 12 02:26:08 CDT 2008

Back in the old days we used to use "india ink" to label slides--so I don't
know whether it would also work on tissue (as opposed to glass), but it
might be worth a try.   Susan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gudrun Lang" <gu.lang <@t> gmx.at>
To: "'Leslie Chen'" <lchen <@t> mednet.ucla.edu>
Cc: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 5:15 AM
Subject: AW: [Histonet] histology ink washing off

We dry and heat the tissue surface with a hair-dryer at the grossing. It
sounds a little bit rigid, but it works and the tissue margins are easily
seen in the slide. The excess dye also will be solved in the NBF, but there
sticks enough on the tissuemargins.

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin
Histolabor