[Histonet] Antigen Retrieval

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat Oct 4 10:49:49 CDT 2008

Nicole,
You might look into using a more gentle heat source, such as a vegetable
steamer or water bath.  There are also pressure cookers for IHC which may
also be easier on your tissue that the autoclave, although I have had
problems with them as well and stick to steamer or waterbath myself.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. #215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Patten,
Nicole (NIH/NIAAA) [F]
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 11:28 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Antigen Retrieval

Hi-

I am new to using IHC and I need some advice on Antigen Retrieval. I
usually do it in an autoclave for 15min at 121C for FFPE human brain
tissue (in Citrate or Tris Buffer), but by the end my tissue looks
pretty bad and parts have even fallen off. The tissue is fixed on
SuperFrost Plus Slides.

Any suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks!

N. Patten
Post-Baccalaureate Fellow/IRTA
National Institutes of Health