[Histonet] tissue swelling out of block

Rosa Fields rfields <@t> gidocs.net
Wed Oct 1 12:29:44 CDT 2008

The major problem in a veterinary histo lab is generally 1 processor to process all types of tissues and species.  The lab I can from had this problem; you can only optimize the schedule if you limit your tissues.
Some are under, some are over; and a small percentage are just right.

Rosa Fields, HT (ASCP)
Gastroenterology Specialties
Histology Supervisor
4545 R Street
Lincoln, NE  68503
402-465-4545
rfields <@t> gidocs.net

The information contained in the message and the documents accompanying this message contain information that is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, other than its return to the sender, is strictly prohibited.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gudrun Lang
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 12:16 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] tissue swelling out of block

Hi all,

a friend recently got a job in a veterinary histo and has some troubles in cutting. He tells about paraffinblocks, where the tissue is swelling out while warming like a small hill.  I referred to the possibilty of taking up humidity that causes swelling.

Do you know other causes for this problem?

Thanks in advance

Gudrun Lang