[Histonet] as Thanksgiving approaches, what do you think about a gall bladder in vinegar ?

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Tue Nov 25 08:02:51 CST 2008

Vinnie,
We had an issue with this concerning tonsils (the kids wanted them). We
rinsed out the excess formalin after the final sign out by a pathologist (2
weeks), patted it dry and gave the sample to them in a clean container. This
way it was fixed but they did not have the issue of formalin. I'm guessing
that 2 weeks fixation should be sufficient for everything to be fixed.
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Northwestern University
Pathology Core Facility