[Histonet] Sakura tape problem

CHRISTIE GOWAN christiegowan <@t> msn.com
Fri Nov 21 13:35:49 CST 2008

   Cherly,

   I  had  this  same problem a while back with an outside slide that had
   been sent to us for consultation. I even called the company to get any
   input from them. No luck.  My final solution was to trim the tape down
   to  just the area where the section was located. I sandwiched the tape
   between  the  glass  slide  and a glass coverslip using mounting media
   only. I used a paper clamp to secure it until it dried. Do not use any
   xylene.  This will cause the tissue to start floating off the tape and
   scatter around. It can be pretty messy so don't use too much mountant.
   Good luck and let us know if you get any better solutions.

   Christie