[Histonet] Sakura tape problem

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Fri Nov 21 13:31:46 CST 2008

I would remove the tape with acetone and clear in xylene, then recoverslip
with conventional coverslips.  I've seen problems with refractivity with
the tape, anyway.

Happy Turkey Day.

Jackie O'

"Cheryl Crowder" <ccrowder <@t> vetmed.lsu.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
11/21/2008 01:20 PM

"Histonet" <histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Sakura tape problem

Hi - I have just been given a box (100 slides) cover slipped with Sakura
tape.  All the tapes have been loosened from the slides with the tissue
attacked to it.  The tape has also curled (arched).  What is the best
method
for reattaching the tapes to the slides so they can be viewed again.  Or
can
it?  The pathologists are really upset over these slides as they are for
continuing education and cannot be replaced.
Cheryl

Cheryl Crowder, BA, HTL(ASCP)
Chief Technologist
Anatomic Pathology