[Histonet] Automated Special Stainers

Kelly Colpitts kelly_colpitts <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:05:20 CST 2008

Hello Histoland,

We are currently running almost all of our special stains on a Dako Artisan.  Our contract is up soon and since Dako keeps raising their cost by quite a bit every year and because of a complete lack of customer service on the part of our new rep, we are looking at other specials stainers.  I'm just wondering what other labs are using and would you recommend it.  Is anyone using the Biogenex i6000?  We do have a Ventana Nexus on demo right now but our medical director does not like the way it does the reticulin or the Masson's Trichrome stains.

Thanks for your help,
Kelly Colpitts, HT (ASCP)