[Histonet] breast bx processing

Angela Bitting akbitting <@t> geisinger.edu
Tue Nov 18 08:47:52 CST 2008

Ok, first of all, I mis-typed--they are loaded Saturday afternoon, not Friday. So the tissue may sit in paraffin for 2-4 extra hours.

>>> "Jackie M O'Connor" <Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com> 11/17/2008 3:41 PM >>>
How long are they in molten paraffin????

"Angela Bitting" <akbitting <@t> geisinger.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
11/17/2008 02:27 PM

"Michele Margiotta" <MMargiotta <@t> bmhmc.org>, "Gary Martin"
<gmartin <@t> marshallmedical.org>, <histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu>
cc

Subject
RE: [Histonet] breast bx processing

We have staff in on Sunday afternoon, so we start them Friday night and
let them sit in paraffin until the techs come in on Sunday. The extra
paraffin has actually cut down the number of dry outs we were having.

>>> "Martin, Gary" <gmartin <@t> marshallmedical.org> 11/17/2008 2:14 PM >>>
We come in and process them !