[Histonet] Inspection of research labs / ISO 9000?

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 15:20:59 CST 2008

As a matter of fact CAP is going to start offering the ISO certification (as a choice, not as a substitute) in this last quarter of 2008.
René J.

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, mtitford <@t> aol.com <mtitford <@t> aol.com> wrote:

From: mtitford <@t> aol.com <mtitford <@t> aol.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Inspection of research labs / ISO 9000?
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 4:06 PM

Kimberly Tuttle in Baltimore asks about lab inspections.

I attended a workshop at the NSH S/C in Toronto where Diane Sterchi gave a
really good workshop entitled, "Cracking the code: regulatory issues in the
laboratory".? She spoke about the ISO 9000 certification requirements?that
some research laboratories, I think drug company laboratories, must follow.
Their requirements are really strict. Much more complicated than CAP.?If?Joe
Nocito thinks he has problems now, he had better hope the CAP does not start
?following the ISO?guidelines!

Michael Titford
Pathology
USA Mobile AL