[Histonet] RA Lamb has been sold to the evil empire

Jack Cates pinetree110567 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 12:46:21 CST 2008

I am very sorry to see this happen again to a great company who bent over backwards to assist customers.  I hope ThemoShandonFisherRichardRaymond (to be continued) will start to keep the parts that made Richard Allen, Raymond A. Lamb and others great to work with

I am also very sorry to see Tonia and Jerry go.

Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2008
Thermo Fisher Scientific Strengthens Anatomical Pathology Portfolio with
Acquisition of Raymond A. Lamb
WALTHAM, Mass. — Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving
science, today announced it has acquired Raymond A. Lamb Ltd., a manufacturer of
histology and anatomical pathology products based in Eastbourne, U.K., near
London.
In business since 1964, Raymond A. Lamb has grown to become a global provider of
products for the pathology laboratory. Recently, its focus has been on systems
that automate the labeling and tracking of slides and cassettes that carry
patient tissue samples, reducing the possibility of errors during their
processing, storage and retrieval. The company has had a longstanding
relationship with the anatomical pathology business of Thermo Fisher as a
supplier of labeling products for cassettes and glass slides, as well as other
anatomical pathology equipment.
"Our anatomical pathology customers - in both clinical and research markets -
are demanding better solutions for tracking the increasing number of samples
that they need to process and diagnose," said Marijn E. Dekkers, president and
chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "This acquisition brings
new-generation systems that can be integrated with our existing portfolio of
anatomical pathology equipment and consumables to create a more efficient, and
reliable, workflow."
Raymond A. Lamb had revenues of approximately $9 million in 2007, and will be
integrated into Thermo Fisher's Analytical Technologies Segment.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving
science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
With annual revenues of $10 billion, we have more than 30,000 employees and
serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies,
hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and
government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control
settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and
Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to
complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete
range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment,
software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory
workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of
laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and
services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education.
Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and
continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific
discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and
employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
The following constitutes a "Safe Harbor" statement under the Private Securities
Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking
statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Important factors
that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by
such forward-looking statements are set forth in the company's Quarterly Report
on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 27, 2008, under the caption "Risk
Factors," which is on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and
available in the "Investors" section of our Website under the heading "SEC
Filings." Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially
from those indicated by forward-looking statements include risks and
uncertainties relating to: competition and its effect on pricing, spending,
third-party relationships and revenues; the need to develop new products and
adapt to significant technological
change; implementation of strategies for improving internal growth; general
worldwide economic conditions and related uncertainties; use and protection of
intellectual property; dependence on customers' capital spending policies and
government funding policies; realization of potential future savings from new
productivity initiatives; the effect of changes in governmental regulations; the
effect of exchange rate fluctuations on international operations; the effect of
laws and regulations governing government contracts; the effect of competing
with certain of our customers and suppliers; and the effect of rapid changes in
the healthcare industry. While we may elect to update forward-looking statements
at some point in the future, we specifically disclaim any obligation to do so,
even if our estimates change and, therefore, you should not rely on these
forward-looking statements as representing our views as of any date subsequent
to to