[Histonet] CELL CULTURE LINE ON SLIDES

Lee Crosby lcrosby <@t> echelon-inc.com
Mon Nov 10 10:15:23 CST 2008

Jim,
I routinely stain cells with fluorescent antibodies. I fix them with 4%
Paraformaldehyde in PBS, or the easier way, which I use now, is in neutral
buffered formalin, which is readily purchased and does not require the labor
intensive steps of the former.

Good luck.

Lee Crosby
Echelon Biosciences Inc.
801-588-0455 ext 329
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vickroy, Jim
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 12:58 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] CELL CULTURE LINE ON SLIDES

We were asked to do immunostains on slides where a particular cell line was
growing.   Can anyone tell me the best way to fix these slides before
performing immunostains?   We used to use acetone on cytospins but can't
recall if there is a better way.

thanks

Jim Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)
Technical Supervisor - Surgical and Autopsy Pathology
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046
vickroy.jim <@t> mhsil.com

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any