[Histonet] 200 proof alcohol?

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Fri Nov 7 08:29:10 CST 2008

At our university in Buffalo, NY, we have to sign out the alcohol we 
purchase from the university (we could buy it from Sigma or other places, I 
suppose, but generally want to avoid the SH fee). I was told the State of 
NY required the signature...why? So if we're caught driving drunk they can 
link it to the alcohol we purchased through the university and diluted to 
have a party?? And the university would be held liable??  ;-)


--On Friday, November 07, 2008 8:56 AM -0500 Emily Sours 
<talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

> Our alcohol (95 to 100%) is sold by the university only, we don't get a
> choice.  Hopefully if I ever need to use molecular biology grade, the
> stuff they sell will be good enough.  Is it regulated in other
> universities? I have no idea why they do this, unless they think we're
> going to have parties.
> Actually, in PA you can't buy grain liquor, so maybe that's why.
> Emily
> --
> "You would know her for all the things she was...a woman who knew her way
> in and out of every new book without being singed, pinched, bumped or
> tickled by any line or chapter."
> John O'Hara, Appointment in Samarra
> _______________________________________________
> Histonet mailing list
> Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
> http://lists.utsouthwestern.edu/mailman/listinfo/histonet

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 BRB (pkgs) / 140 Farber Hall (letters)
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

"Without my flaws I'm really very boring."
- random internet blog commentator

More information about the Histonet mailing list