[Histonet] Gram stain on tissue

v.neubert <@t> web.de v.neubert <@t> web.de
Fri Nov 7 07:41:54 CST 2008

Hello!

To introduce myself: I've been reading this list for the last ~350 mails. I am a technical assistent, working in vet histo.

I am quite inexperienced with staining, and one task is to get Gram staining to work. Right now, I've been trying to get results for 2! days, I tried about 10 different ways.

If someone could share a method which has proven to be working, I'd be very happy.

Reagents available to work with right now: xylene, acetone, picric acid, carbol fuchsin, basic fuchsin, safranine, fuchsin 1:10.

I'd be glad if I had not to order any more extra reagents.

Thank you for replying.

Greets from Germany,

Valentin