[Histonet] Immuno Controls

Poteete, Jacquie A. japoteete <@t> saintfrancis.com
Fri May 30 10:05:28 CDT 2008

Yes, Roger, in fact I have seen this happen twice in the last week.  One
of my elderly instruments chose to "forget" to dispense reagent both
times.  I've also seen instruments dispense fully, partially, or not at
all during the same run.  Yes, service calls were generated, and
everything was repeated.  Of course, the instrument's "brother" started
its run by itself without us pushing the "START" button, but that's
another story.....and new instrumets are on order.

Jacquie Poteete MT(ASCP)QIHC
Lead Technologist, IHC Laboratory
Saint Francis Hospital, Tulsa, OK
japoteete <@t> saintfrancis.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Charles,
Roger
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 9:54 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: FW: [Histonet] Immuno Controls

Hello all,
I've read many posts on this subject of people putting controls on each
slide because machines do make mistakes.  I do not do this; I use one
slide as a control (which contains both negative and positive tissue)
for each run or each different antibody.  What I would like to know from
those putting controls on each slide is if they ever seen one or more
slides where the control did not work but yet controls on other slides
from the same run and same antibody did.  Convince me to change my ways.
Thanks

Roger Charles
Microbiologist
Pennsylvania Veterinary Laboratory