[Histonet] Rate of formalin penetration in human brain sections

Karen_Skish <@t> rush.edu Karen_Skish <@t> rush.edu
Thu May 29 10:07:25 CDT 2008

Thank you to all for the information provided. My investigator had already
located this information and was happy to see that he is on the right
track with his project. On a side note, I often find this group very
informative and helpful, but at other times I am baffled by the responses.
If you believe that a inquiry is due to an individual's laziness, wouldn't
it be best to either ask for additional information so that you may
provide "food for thought"; or ignore the question outright?

John Kiernan <jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca>
05/28/2008 10:43 PM

Karen_Skish <@t> rsh.net
cc
histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject
Re: [Histonet] Rate of formalin penetration in human brain sections

Dear Karen,

"One of your investigators" needs to visit his library. Perhaps even spend
$30 of his grant money on on a book or two for the lab.  His questions are
not new.  They are addressed well in:

Mann, G. (1902) Physiological Histology. Oxford: Clarendon Press.

Baker, J.R. (1958) Principles of Biological Microtechnique. London:
Methuen.

Horobin, R.W. (1982) Histochemistry. Stuttgart: Fischer.

These are classics in the field of fixation and staining.
There are also very recent textbooks in the field. One of them is by me.

 John Kiernan
Anatomy, UWO
London, Canada
= = =