[Histonet] Thick section penetration for IHC

MKing making <@t> ufl.edu
Wed May 28 12:09:33 CDT 2008

Bob,
There's always fluorescence--these authors used 100 um Vibratome
sections and found that the primary antibody may make a difference too.

Journal of Neuroscience Methods 170 (2008) 165–178
Associative image analysis: A method for automated quantification
of 3D multi-parameter images of brain tissue
Christopher S. Bjornsson, Gang Lin, Yousef Al-Kofahi, Arunachalam
Narayanaswamy, Karen L. Smith, William Shain, Badrinath Roysamb

Simple avidinylated HRP may be smaller than ABC complexes and penetrate
better.  People have also used DMSO 1-10% in incubation solutions, and
ethanol extraction steps on cut thick sections, reported to improve
penetration (both in histonet archives).

Good histo,
Mike King
UF Pharmacology & Therapeutics

Message: 3