[Histonet] Formalin alternative fixative for rodent and large animal

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Wed May 28 10:32:33 CDT 2008

In my opinion, for pharma research, there is no worthwhile formalin
substitute that will give consistent IHC results.   I have tried STF
(which was discontinued) and other subs - finally went back to formalin.
With STF, the morphology of routine H+E's was horrible.    I'm sure there
are differing opinions out there - after all, this is histonet.

Jackie O'

stephanie.d.rivera <@t> gsk.com
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
05/28/2008 10:12 AM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Formalin alternative fixative for rodent and large animal

Hello histoworld,

Does anyone have any suggestions for altenative fixative to formalin? I
still need to maintain quality of IHC and H&E stain and morphology. I've
come across Prefer and Notoxhisto. Are there any others for animal tissue
that anyone have tried?

Stephanie D. Rivera
Safety Assessment Department
GlaxoSmithKline