[Histonet] KOH for nails

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed May 28 07:33:23 CDT 2008

KOH is used (at 10% for 30 minutes) to soften nails so they can be properly infiltrated and cut. That is an AP procedure (although it is NOT a decalcification code I always used CPT code 88331).
  Nail fungus will require a fungus stain (I always used PAS) and this is an AP test for organisms identification (CPT code 88312)
  René J.

dcojita <@t> tampabay.rr.com wrote:
  Does anyone have a procedure they would be willing to share for KOH (looking
for nail fungus)?

Is this considered an AP or a clinical test?

What is the CPT code?

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated!