[Histonet] Biotin free detection of goat primary antibodies

Min-Han Tan minhan.tan <@t> gmail.com
Mon May 26 21:55:59 CDT 2008

Dear all,

I would like to enquire - I am using a goat primary antibody currently, and
my negative control (omitting primary antibody) is showing background
staining - this is likely a result of biotin.

I'd like to enquire if any one is familiar with biotin free systems that can
detect goat antibodies. A search of the Dako / Envision product line does
not yield any results. I am very reluctant to add an avidin-biotin blocking
step to what is already an overnight incubation.

Thanks!

--
/min-han