[Histonet] Microtome blades jammed in dispensing box

Orla Gallagher o.m.gallagher <@t> sheffield.ac.uk
Thu May 22 10:19:51 CDT 2008

Dear Histonetters,

We've been having a problem over the past year or 2 with our
microtome blades becoming jammed in the dispensing box after
only a few have been used and wondered if this has happened to
anyone else? Our refurbished building has a cooling system
without humidity; would this cause the blades to become jammed?
It's happened with Feather S35 & N35 blades and Accu Edge
blades from different suppliers and in more than one lab in the
building. Any advice on how to get the blades out would be much
appreciated!

Many thanks,
Orla
******************************

Ms. Orla Gallagher
Academic Unit of Bone Biology
D Floor (DU20) Medical School
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Medical Research
University of Sheffield
Beech Hill Road
Sheffield S10 2RX
www.sheffield.ac.uk