[Histonet] osmium

Philip Oshel oshel1pe <@t> cmich.edu
Thu May 22 10:03:38 CDT 2008

Discounting regulations, generally osmium fixation can be done
overnight at 4 deg C (refrigerator temperature). Mind, OsO4 is slow
penetrating, and overnight might be required simply because of the
size of the tissue blocks.
Room temp ... mayyyyyybbbeee given the tissue requirements.  But OsO4
makes tissues brittle and crunchy, so that usually isn't a good idea.

Phil

--
Philip Oshel
Microscopy Facility Supervisor