[Histonet] NSH bulletin (In Action)

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed May 21 08:17:21 CDT 2008

Florida requires licenses to practice histology but they are apart from any other area of the medical lab that has licenses for each area (chemistry, hematology, blood bank, etc).
  René J.

Ingles Claire <CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org> wrote:
  I thought histotechs in Florida had to have a Florida liscense already or am I just confused? (it's been known to happen...)
Claire

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of MaryAnn Dixon
Sent: Tue 5/20/2008 2:13 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] NSH bulletin (In Action)

Hi Histonetters,

Has anyone read the In Action NSH bulletin lately? Just another example of the lack of recognition for the field of Histology. I am new to the field of Histology. What has happened to those employed in the NY labs? Are other states following by example? Should I get out now before I am unemployed?

MaryAnn Dixon
Biological Scientist
Anatomic Pathology
University of Florida Medical Center