[Histonet] Heat & Hematoxylin

Cindy DuBois integrated.histo <@t> gmail.com
Mon May 19 09:54:59 CDT 2008

Our doctors are being very strict with the A/C.  It only runs from 7am to
7pm.  When we come into the lab in the morning @ 3:30 it is 82.  This
morning I check the high for the weekend and it was 92 in the lab.
Within the last 2 weeks, the doctors are also complaining about our
washed-out dull looking hematoxylin.  We have increased our staining time to
7 minutes (from 5) and decreased the acid alcohol to 1 dip.  All the label
says on the stain bottle is to keep the stain at "controlled room temp".  I
have mentioned this to the doctors but all I get is "85 can be considered
room temp".
Does anyone have any specifications as to what temperature should be
maintained in a lab?
Cindy