[Histonet] Keratin-903 on Liver

Patti Loykasek ploykasek <@t> phenopath.com
Fri May 16 12:22:21 CDT 2008

Hi Ken. By referring to K-903, I believe you mean cytokeratin clone 34BE12.
The CK-903 designation is actually an old catalog number, not the name of
the keratin. Dr. Allen Gown made the 34BE12 antibody about 20 years ago.
It's a high molecular weight keratin (CK1,5,10 & 14). Just a bit of history
for you. But on to helping with your staining issues. This keratin should
stain the bile ducts in liver. What pretreatment are you using? This
antibody usually works with either an enzyme digestion or a gentle heat
retrieval in citrate. Let me know if you need more info.

Patti Loykasek BS, HTL, QIHC
PhenoPath Laboratories
Seattle, WA