[Histonet] Question on epithelial staining in plastic resin

Herrick, James L. Herrick.James <@t> mayo.edu
Thu May 15 16:58:16 CDT 2008

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience staining for epithelial cells (pig arteries)
in MMA embedded specimens? So far I have run immuno for VWF, eNOS and am
currently trying a lectin stain using Griffonia (no success). I have
previously run immuno on this same tissue type for actin which looked
great.

I am using a steamer for antigen retrieval with the solution Retrievit-8
from InnoGenex. I have tried anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour in the
steamer. For deplastification I am using a Xylene, 2-MEA, Acetone and
ETOH protocol. I am thinking that this may be too harsh.

Any feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your
help.

Jim