[Histonet] 4% paraformaldehyde all over again

Smith, Allen asmith <@t> mail.barry.edu
Tue May 13 08:07:41 CDT 2008

It appears that Dr. Kiernan is another victim of Microsoft office 2007.  Could a users' coalition large enough to boycott it effectively be formed?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of John Kiernan
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:37 AM
To: Jackie M O'Connor
Cc: Histonet; histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] 4% paraformaldehyde all over again

   There  is no such thing as 4% paraformaldehyde. Nobody can sell or
   us=uch  a  non-substance!<BR>See Histonet archives passim ad
   nauseam.=6nbsp;&nbsp;(That's  how  the  ancient  Romans
   said,  in  3  words,=2on  and on, until&nbsp;you want to
   vomit".   Latin   is   concise=<BR>&nbsp;<BR>4%
   formaldehyde is a real solution, and =e of the ways of making the
   solution  is  to  heat  40 grammes of&nbsp;=raformaldehyde in a
   litre  of  water,  with  an  alkaline  catalyst  to  sp?d up the
   hydrolysis.  Paraformaldehyde  exists only as a solid substan?,
   which  is  insoluble  in water.&nbsp; All this has been in all    the textbooks and manuals for 40+ years.
   <BR>&nbsp;<BR>Joh=iernan<BR>Anatomy,&nbsp;
   UWO<BR>London, Canada<BR>=D = = = = <BR>-----
   Original   Message   -----<BR>From:   =ckie   M  O'Connor
   &lt;Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com&gt;<=>Date:
   Monday,  May  12,  2008 10:52<BR>Subject: [Histo=t]
   4%  paraformaldehyde  all over again<BR>To: Histonet &lt;   Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu&gt;,
   histonet-bounces <@t> li   sts.utsouthwestern.edu<BR><BR>&gt;  Will  vendors  who
   cont?ted  me  off  line  regarding supplying vast <BR>&gt;
   quantities  <=>&gt;  of  4%  paraformaldehyde contact me
   again,   please.   <=>&gt;  Thanks.<BR>&gt;
   <BR>&gt;    Jackie    O'Conn=<BR>&gt;   Abbott
   Histonet mail=g list<BR>&gt;
   Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu<BR>=6gt;