[Histonet] record slides?

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Mon May 12 07:41:20 CDT 2008

312-503-3723

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gudrun Lang
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2008 1:31 AM
To: CrochiereSteve <@t> aol.com
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: AW: [Histonet] record slides?

The first thought coming to my mind: poor girl/boy cutting the whole day.
I like to cut, but I'am also glad to be ready after max. 3 hours (because of
smaller workload, four techs cutting at the same time).
Our prostate "menue": 2x HE à 4 cuts, 1xIHC à 4 cuts; 10 blocks per patient,
without prelabelling; sliding microtome, 20-25 min
In the mean we do 60-70 slides (with 1-4 cuts) per hour, without
prelabelling, with walking in the staining room, with telephone, ....

In my opinion it's a big difference, if one cuts at high speed for a few
hours or has to do it the whole shift with the same concentration and
quality.

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin
Histolabor