[Histonet] Chuck Churukian turns 80 today

Akemi Allison-Tacha akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Sun May 11 18:16:28 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I just wanted to share with all of you this special day in history for Chuck Churukian.  Please join me in wishing Chuck a fabulous 80th birthday.  I just spoke with him and he is having a wonderful day. He has several of his family members visiting and they went to the lilac festival.  Jules Elias called him to express his best wishes and it made his day.

Chuck is still working eight hours a week in the special stains lab at University of Rochester and is still involved with the Biological Stains Commission. He did however say that he is phasing out his involvement in presenting and attending histology meetings.  We will miss his significant dedication and contribution to our field.  Chuck said that the past ten years have been extremely rewarding.  Especially with all of the awards he has received.

If any of you want to express your wishes, reply to this e-mail and I will forward it on to him.

Thank you,
Akemi

Akemi Allison-Tacha, BS, HT(ASCP)HTL
Client Services Manager