[Histonet] Histozymmography

Michelle McDonald MichelM9 <@t> chw.edu.au
Wed May 7 21:55:00 CDT 2008

I would like to hear from anyone who has any experience with histozymmography on bone tissue sections.

We are in the process of optimising a technique to analyse MMP activity in adult rat growth plates in bone samples.

We have been able to cut frozen sections of decalcified samples but as yet have not perfected frozen sections of undecalcified samples even using a tungsten carbide blade.

We are also currently coating slides with fluorescently labelled gelatin or casein dissolved in a 1% agarose in 50mM Tris Ph 7.2 solution at 37 degrees.
It is difficult to get a consistent thick coating on the slide and under the microscope these coatings look grainy.

If anyone has any suggestions on how we can optimise these techniques we would be greatly appreciative

Thank you

Kind Regards

Michelle

Dr Michelle McDonald B.MedSci, PhD

Research Officer
Orthopaedic Research Dept.
The Children's Hospital Westmead.
Westmead NSW 2145
Australia

Ph. +612 9845 1451
Fax. +612 9845 3078

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Children's Hospital at Westmead

This note also confirms that this email message has been
virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, The Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.