[Histonet] Proper Grossing Attire

Judy Collins JCollins <@t> palmbeachpath.com
Wed May 7 07:59:19 CDT 2008

His His question was not a hygiene question, but a safety compliance issue.

Judy Collins

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of John Kiernan
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 1:12 AM
To: Mike Pence
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Proper Grossing Attire

   With    respects,    and    hoping    that    nobody    will    take
   offence:<BR>Why  =e you asking a question about hygiene in a
   histotechnology        forum?<=>&nbsp;<BR>John
   Kiernan<BR>Anatomy,  UWO<BR>London,?nada.<BR>=
   =  =<BR>-----  Original  Message  -----<BR>=om: Mike
   Pence  &lt;mpence <@t> grhs.net&gt;<BR>Date: Tu=day,
   May  6,  2008  10:40<BR>Subject:  [Histonet]  Proper  G   rossing Attire<BR>To:
   histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu<BR=E<BR>&gt;  I
   would  like  to  hear  everyone's  opinions on what t= proper PPE
   <BR>&gt;    is   for<BR>&gt;   "grossing   in"      specimens.&nbsp;   Two   levels   of   grossing   in  are:  1)
   <BR>&gt=B dictatingand submit specimen - limited to bisecting
   a  punch  bx  <BR=E&gt;  and 2) dictating,<BR>&gt;
   describing,  cutting,=king  selected  sections - some judgment
   and<BR>&gt;     advanced    t=ining    required    ie.
   colons-placentas.<BR>&gt;  &nbsp;<=>&gt;  My
   question  is:  "Is  gloves  alone  appropriate  attire  fo=he
   <BR>&gt;  first  level?<BR>&gt;  What do you wear w   hen     grossing     at     the     second    level?<BR>&gt;
   &nbsp;<BR>&=;  You  may choose to reply off line as to
   save  yourself much <BR>=6gt; "flaming" I<BR>&gt;
   sure.<BR>&gt;   &nbsp=B<BR>&gt;   Thanks   in
   advance,<BR>&gt;            Mike<BR>&=;
   ______________________   _______________________   5F=F<BR>&gt;   Histonet   mailing   list<BR>&gt;
   Histonet <@t> lis=.utsouthwestern.edu<BR>&gt;