[Histonet] GLP question

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Wed May 7 07:39:16 CDT 2008

My lab has the capability of producing 600+ slides per day.  When we cut
initial slides, the microtomy is documented by the microtomist at the
time.   Staining is subsequently documented - since it may be performed by
another technician.    Once documentation of a procedural step is made,
that slide is already raw datum.  If a recut is needed at QC, the reason
for the recut is also documented, and the original slide is retained.  The
recut is subsequently documented, as well as whether or not the desired
goal (missing mammary) was achieved.    Gotta love the world of GLP.    We
may be documenting this to death - but it works quite well.