[Histonet] Proper Grossing Attire

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Tue May 6 09:39:17 CDT 2008

I would like to hear everyone's opinions on what the proper PPE is for
"grossing in" specimens.  Two levels of grossing in are: 1) dictating
and submit specimen - limited to bisecting a punch bx and 2) dictating,
describing, cutting, taking selected sections - some judgment and
advanced training required ie. colons-placentas.

My question is: "Is gloves alone appropriate attire for the first level?
What do you wear when grossing at the second level?

You may choose to reply off line as to save yourself much "flaming" I
sure.

Thanks in advance,
Mike