[Histonet] p16ink4

anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Thu May 1 12:25:16 CDT 2008

Cell Signaling and Santa Cruz also sells p16 but I have no idea if it works for IHC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dana Settembre <settembr <@t> umdnj.edu>

Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 12:58:44
To:Gudrun Lang <gu.lang <@t> gmx.at>, histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] p16ink4

Gudrun,
I believe you are correct mtmlab has a patent and is supposed to be
the only people that sell it.
Cell Marque was given permission to sell what they had by a certain
time, I think.

I too only need the antibody and not the whole kit but they
have you buy their whole kit and it is expensive.

Dana Settembre, HT ASCP
Immunohistochemistry Lab
UMDNJ - University Hospital
Newark, NJ    USA

>>> Gudrun Lang <gu.lang <@t> gmx.at> 05/01/08 12:48 PM >>>
Hi listmembers,

I am trying to find a vendor for p16ink antibody for cervical cancer
diagnostic. Is it possible, that p16 is only selled by one firm called
mtmlab now?

It looks like they have the patent on the antibody. Or is there any
other
resource?

I need "only" the antibody concentrate and not a whole kit to run it on
the
Ventana benchmark. I found a p16 on the Ventana website, but cannot
see, if
it is for the same purpose.

Any help is appreciated.

Gudrun Lang