[Histonet] Caspase-3 Antibody; other Abs -- Apoptosis vs. Necrosis

patsy ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Thu Mar 27 11:18:19 CDT 2008

In my experience CC3 does a much better job of staining just apoptotic cells
and not necrotic cells than Tunnel as a matter of fact I have never doubted
that the staining I get with CC3 is anything but apoptotic cells which is
not the case with Tunnel, we could not distinguish necrosis from apoptosis
with Tunnel.

Patsy

One complaint I get from my clients is how few cells stain with CC3, but I
think it is real and they are used to seeing more cells stain with Tunnel
because Tunnel is picking up necrotic cells as well as apoptotic cells.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. #216
Aurora, CO 80010