[Histonet] Oil Red Staining

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 10:04:58 CDT 2008

You have 2 questions: about Oil Red O (ORO) and hepatic steatosis staining.
  The second leave it to your investigator, because it seems that is the procedure s/he desires.
  About ORO is easy but has to be done on frozen tissue since the FFPE procedure will eliminate the fats targeted by ORO (that can be found in any histotechnique book).
  René J.

Jennifer Sipes <jengirl1014 <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hello all!

I had a investigator come to me this morning and ask if I've ever done Oil Red Staining for hepatic steatosis before. I have never heard of this. Is it easy and does someone have a protocol for it or maybe a better way of staing for hepatic steatosis if this is no longer done?

Thanks for your time gang! You guys are the best!

Jen at Hopkins