[Histonet] CLIA

Ingles Claire CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Mar 20 14:29:46 CDT 2008

Being a bigger hospital system, we have a whole department centered on CLIA/JCAHO inspections. They are a bit paranoid about being continually ready for the inspectors. (even though we just had our inspection in January) So we were prepared with all our QA sheets when they got here. We've even had to start keeping a log of lot #'s of the reagents that come into the lab. I feel checklisted to death some days. We had always kept a range on the machine temperature logs, but started keeping track of room temp/humidity a few months before the inspection. Anyway I believe they did look at our daily logs for temp/humidity stats. It feels nice when you can actually be one step ahead of the inspectors.

Claire

________________________________

I think this is interesting because I am hearing more and more that CLIA
inspectors are requiring these ranges on the chart. Is anyone else having
CLIA inspectors ding them about operational humidity and temperature ranges
on temperature charts? Some CLIA inspectors require room temperatures to be
recorded as well. Everyone's input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mickie

Mickie Johnson, B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Mohs Histology Consulting Services, LLC
  & Mohs Lab Staffing