[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 52, Issue 30

AWeiss <@t> shorememorial.org AWeiss <@t> shorememorial.org
Thu Mar 20 12:09:09 CDT 2008

Matt,

I think this is interesting because I am hearing more and more that CLIA
inspectors are requiring these ranges on the chart. Is anyone else having
CLIA inspectors ding them about operational humidity and temperature ranges
on temperature charts? Some CLIA inspectors require room temperatures to be
recorded as well. Everyone's input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mickie

Mickie Johnson, B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Mohs Histology Consulting Services, LLC
  & Mohs Lab Staffing
2507 S. Manito Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99203
509-954-7134
FAX   509-624-3926

We do this monitoring for flow cytometry, there is a question for temp and
humidy for CAP so we record this daily, with a monitor that records the
temp 3x's./ day and the humidity.  You can set the monitoring times for any
interval you need.  Then I download this monthly as part of the qc.

Andrea J Weiss BST CT (ASCP)
Cytotechnologist
609 653 3577 Ext 4907
aweiss <@t> shorememorial.org