[Histonet] OT: Tuesday Tasty Tidbit

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 14:56:00 CDT 2008

Sara:
There is nothing to flame about. It is just a misunderstanding, what you HAVE to measure is the wind FLOW in your fume hoods. There are small vanes that you place at the entrance, where the air flows the most, and one a week (or a day if you wish) you check the vane to determine if the air is flowing and at what RATE (or speed if you will).
  I have a vane in each of my 4 fumes hoods, and had a log for that determination.
  René J.

"Breeden, Sara" <sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu> wrote:
    Okay, so it's not the Friday Hour of Fuming but this will do. Without
giving away my source, my boss received an email this morning asking,"Does anyone monitor wind speed in their histo labs?". My boss replied
that we don't because our lab is INDOORS. This has been a source of
great amusement all morning - I know what the person is asking, but it
just struck me as funny! Adios

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services