[Histonet] Strong dye for adipose tissue cell membranes

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Mon Mar 17 08:56:02 CDT 2008

A 0.5% solution of basic fuchsin or crystal violet should do it. These wouldn't work on cells with a lot of cytoplasm because the cytoplasm would stain just as dark as the membranes.  But on fat, where there isn't much there except the membrane and the nucleus, it should work well.