[Histonet] CAP ?

Joyce Cline jcline <@t> wchsys.org
Fri Mar 14 09:41:16 CDT 2008

How do you handle the question "Is the identity of every specimen
maintained through each step of processing and slide preparation?
NOTE: An unambiguous system of specimen identification coupled with a
legible, sequential cassette and slide labeling system that withstands
reagents and stains are essential to fulfill this requirement. The
number of blocks processed and the number of slides for each case must
be recorded.

The bolded statement is what I am curious about. Does everyone use their
computer system to keep track of the amount of cassettes and slides? Is
anyone interfaced between the computer system with their cassette and
slide printers?

We have our embedding sheets with the block counts, but I have never
kept track of each case slide count. Totals for cases, slides and blocks
every month is done along with specials. Do you go back in an add
recuts?

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *****
the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system.