[Histonet] Lung processing

Weaver, Colin c.weaver <@t> vla.defra.gsi.gov.uk
Thu Mar 13 10:00:49 CDT 2008

Hi - everyone we have just moved from routine processing in a VIP 1000
to a Thermo-Shandon Excelsior. This has been working perfectly except
when processing lung, especially spongy lung. When embedding after
processing wax infiltration appears to be patchy, bubbles come out of
the tissue when pressing the tissue into a mould, after trimming there
are "holes" in the tissue, and sections often crumble because of lack of
wax support. We have vacuumn on everything from first alcohol onwards.
Anyone got any suggestions as to why this is happening? We used to use
Thermo-Shandon Hypercenter XP's and had the same problem with lung, is
it a Thermo thing?

Colin
Histology Dept
VLA Thirsk
Sunny Yorkshire
Veterinary Laboratories Agency (VLA)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient
only.
If you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose,
store or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform
the sender.
Whilst this email and associated attachments will have been checked
for known viruses whilst within VLA systems we can accept no
responsibility once it has left our systems.
Communications on VLA's computer systems may be monitored and/or
recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.