[Histonet] RE: Tissue Slide Storage - Antigen, DNA & RNA Preservation

Margaryan, Naira NMargaryan <@t> childrensmemorial.org
Thu Mar 6 15:48:20 CST 2008

Dear Histonet:

This is a very good topic to disscus.

Dear Seniors, please give us a lesson: What is the best way to Store
FFPE Tissue Slides to better Preserve Antigen, DNA & RNA?

Thanks in advance,
Naira

-----Original Message-----
Message: 2
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:10:41 -0500
From: "McKnight, Tanisha" <tanisha.mcknight <@t> covance.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Tissue Slide Storage - Antigen, DNA & RNA
	Preservation
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
<816E3C72F855F14985FC31D7C963AE6F05051BFC <@t> indexch03.ent.covance.com>

Hello All:

I am interested in exploring different methods of storing (long term)
and
shipping tissue slides for future IHC or Molecular Studies. So far, I've
found that paraffin dipping and refrigeration is popular. But I've also
heard of labs using nitrogen in ambient storage units in conjunction
with
paraffin dipping. Or some using nitrogen, refrigeration and paraffin
dipping. The slides were then shipped in vacuum sealed bags.

 If anyone has experience with these methods, do you mind sharing them
with
me.

Thanks.

Tanisha N. McKnight, HT (ASCP)