[Histonet] What product used for orientating tissue prior to embedding?

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 10:39:32 CST 2008

As an alternative I have used melted agar. Works very well and is cheaper.
  René J.

"Rathborne, Toni" <trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com> wrote:
  The product you are looking for is called Histogel. We purchase it from Richard Allan, catalog #HG-4000. We use a warm water bath to melt it. 

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Thom
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 10:38 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] What product used for orientating tissue prior

Does anyone know what material or product is used to orientate tissues (skin and such) prior to processing? It's like a gel or something and it can be embedded with the tissues and it cuts nicely. Does anyone know what that stuff is? I think I have seen it in a pink color or probably blue...

Thanks all,

Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

More information about the Histonet mailing list